Sigma Gamma Rho enhances the quality of life for women and their families in the U.S. and globally. The Lambda Eta Sigma Alumnae Chapter serves Jefferson Country, Alabama and surrounding areas. Sigma Gamma Rho’s commitment to service is expressed in its slogan, “Greater Service, Greater Progress.
- Sat, Nov 11Tuxedo BallroomNov 11, 6:00 PM – 10:00 PMTuxedo Ballroom, 2001 Avenue D, Birmingham, AL 35218, USA
- Sun, Sep 24Vestavia Hills LibrarySep 24, 3:00 PMVestavia Hills Library, 121 Montgomery Hwy, Vestavia Hills, AL 35216, USASep 24, 3:00 PMVestavia Hills Library, 121 Montgomery Hwy, Vestavia Hills, AL 35216, USAAre you a young lady between the ages of 12-18? Are you interested in being apart of a mentoring program affiliated with Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc? Or maybe you know a young lady that could benefit from this opportunity.
- Tue, Sep 12http://bit.ly/47Q9ncASep 12, 6:00 PM CDThttp://bit.ly/47Q9ncA
- Sat, Sep 09The Kelly Hotel - BirminghamSep 09, 12:00 PM – 3:00 PMThe Kelly Hotel - Birmingham, 2027 1st Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35210, USA
- Thu, Sep 07http://bit.ly/47rSBAjSep 07, 7:22 PM CDThttp://bit.ly/47rSBAjSep 07, 7:22 PM CDThttp://bit.ly/47rSBAjFall 2023 Membership Season is upon us! Are you interested in learning more about Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Incorporated? The ladies of Lambda Eta Sigma Alumnae Chapter invite you to our Virtual Fall Informal Rush for our illustrious sorority. Join us Thursday, September 7th @7:22pm
Greetings and salutations!
On behalf of the Lambda Eta Sigma Chapter of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Incorporated, it is my pleasure to welcome you to our website. Whether you are a Soror, Philo, Rhoer, family or friend of a member, welcome! I encourage you to bookmark this site, as we will frequently have updates about our community service events, fundraisers, social gatherings and special announcements.
As the Basileus (President) of this lovely chapter of hard-working, dedicated, service-oriented women, it is an honor and pleasure to represent this organization in the Jefferson County, AL area. If you have any questions on getting involved with our chapter, attending one of our events, or inviting us to one of your events, please feel free to reach out to me at your convenience.
Again, you are welcomed to our site, where the Standard is always Golden!
PROGRAMS & INITIATIVES
Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc., is fully committed to assisting those in need as well as the betterment of communities around the globe. Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority works in partnership with national support organizations including the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), The National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC), National Urban League, The United Negro College Fund (UNCF) and many others. The Sorority has a proud history of offering service wherever chapters exists under the auspice of the organization’s signature program entitled, Project Reassurance, which is broken even further into five essential programs under it's umbrella:
A collaboration between Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. and the March of Dimes, Project Cradle Care Prenatal Health Program seeks to improve pregnancy outcomes in high-risk communities by increasing the number of women of childbearing age who receive adequate prenatal education and care.
Women's Wellness Initiative
The Women’s Wellness Initiative is a consolidated effort that allows chapters to focus on health issues that impact women; specifically, women of color, such a Breast Cancer Awareness, Intimate and Domestic Violence, Heart Health, Diabetes Health, Mental Health and other issues that target women.
Interested In Learning More About Sigma Gamma Rho?
Interested in membership in Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Incorporated? Click the button below to learn more about membership levels and requirements. Interested in Lambda Eta Sigma Alumnae Chapter? Complete the "Contact Us" form below and you will receive an email from us with more information. (Be sure to check your spam/junk folder.)